Welcome to the Sam and Dan Games Developer Blog!
PTD2 Trainer Pass! Get it today!A great way to support us while getting amazing rewards!
So let's talk about what you get:
- Increased chance for Shiny/Shadow pokemon to appear in the wild
- No ads while you play the game
- Get a copy of shiny giveaway pokemon automatically every week
- Faster Breeding - Breed with only one visit instead of 2, essentially breed something everyday!
- Faster Leveling - Get twice the experience on every battle!
- Giveaways for pass holders only
You decide what happens! Player Poll (Vote Above)
After the next level of Champions you will face a boss. I wanted to involve you guys and gals in shaping the story of the game. You will fight the boss and bring it down to 0 health and earn loot but it is up to you to vote whether you really defeated the boss for good or if it comes back and chases you out of its cave! This will definitely change the story after that event so choose wisely!
Extra Polishing Week!
Every once in a while, when developing games, you need to stop adding new content and polish what you have so far. This is one of those times.
For PTD2 I've been wanting to add a Map to the game for a long time. Also if I want to add the Fly feature we needed some kind of map for selecting where you want to go. It can also tell players just starting or players that haven't finished the story where to go to continue it. I've heard of some players simply not knowing where to go. So this should help. Along with that I've been getting a lot of request for letting the player pick which invasion they are currently facing and so this week I will do just that. Also to go back to Johto pokemon if desired.
For Champions TD, I hope to add the Login feature this week. Many have reported not being able to save their progress due to their browsers being set for not storing data. I'll be using Flox as my backend. It runs on the cloud so there shouldn't be many problems too many people trying to save, so it should be WAYYYY smoother than PTD ever was. It cost money to get this service running but I know it is worth it for you guys and gals to have it for free. Along with that I've been meaning to have unique colors for item icons so you can tell right away which item is what or at the very least know that two items are not the same without having to check their stats. I have other things on my list also that I'll add if I get to finish these with time left.
There were a few bugs in the last release for Champions that I'm fixing sooner than that other update. See below for more info.
Champions TD v0.04.1 - Bug Fixes - Released!
- Dark Urn added to the normal loot table (100%)
- Reduce the amount of boar ribs required for bear and brute (100%)
- Fix a bug with Brutes/Hunters stopping and not moving (100%)
- Lower the amount of strength enemy Brutes have (100%)
- Fixed a bug with wrong unit graphic showing up on the equip screen (100%)
- Bandit Boss's lacky will no longer be able to receive experience points (100%)
- Map Feature (0%) - A map that will tell you where to go next for players that haven't beaten the story mode. Later on it will also work with Fly to move around the map faster.
- Pick your Invasion (0%) - Be able to change which invasion you face or return it back to Johto.
- Cloud Saves by log in in (100%) - need to create a new account and your email must be valid. (Don't worry no spam will be sent to your email.)
- Different Item Icons for items to be able to easily tell them apart (100%)
- Game Loader (100%)- Easier way to make sure the latest version loads without having to refresh browser
- Recruit Expanded (100%) - Be able to recruit any previous level's recruits in your current level. So if you play level 2 you get to recruit level 1 + 2. If you play level 3 you get to recruit level 3 + 2 + 1. That way you don't have to go back to a level just to recruit. Later on I will add recruiting to the map menu.
- Longer levels (level 1 only for now) (0%) - levels will have more waves, giving you more chance to get the gear you need without having to restart the level.
- Better loot system (100%) - having an ever increasing chance to get loot in a level. Certain units now always drop loot, or have a higher chance to their specific drop loot. Certain units have an increased chance to make general loot drop.